I love Malbec and especially Argentina, the biggest producer of this jammy, spicy and dynamic variety. This Sunday, April 17th is Malbec World Day.
They do an amazing job of bringing out the Argentine culture and all the richness and vibrancy that the amazing country has to offer. So I think that you should channel your inner latino/a and celebrate with the perfect family BBQ this weekend.
Sundays in Argentina are made for family. It is a pillar of familiarity in the culture and something that is infinitely comforting and also delicious. Just remember salt, salt and nothing else on your meat and slow cook it and you will be sweet.
Here are a few tips to make this day your own Malbec Day!
Best New Zealand Malbec Wines:
- Villa Maria Reserve Gimblett Gravels Malbec (one of my favourites)
- Coopers Creek Single Vineyard St. John Malbec
- Matawhero Church House Gisborne Malbec
You can’t beat the Argentine asado, or BBQ and if you want to have a real Argentine meal then you have to visit these locations:
- El Sizzling Chorizo – Ponsonby Central
- South American Oven – Ostend Market Waiheke on Saturdays (Amazing!)
- Empanadas at the Britomart farmers market on Saturday morning
Feeling adventurous and want to learn and make your own empanadas?
They are super easy and everyone, even your kids will eat them! Check out these recipes and how to’s.
Time to get out your dancing shoes and really feel the romance. Check out Auckland Tango for places to go, classes and upcoming milongas.
So Salud and Buen Provecho!